Preparing for Adulthood
The Preparing for Adulthood Workstream has a particular focus on young people aged 14-25 who have SEND. Andrea Wood, Participation Manager for Skills, leads this working group. There are representatives within the Workstream from the Moving into Adulthood Team, which sits across both Children’s services and Adults services. The objectives of the Preparing for Adulthood Workstream reflect the Code of Practice:
- Young people are prepared for further/higher education and/or employment.
- Young people are prepared for independent living.
- Young people are prepared for participating in society.
- Young people are prepared for being as healthy as possible in adult life.
- Local Authority services support the preparing for adulthood agenda.