The purpose of the Education & Training Workstream has been identified as:
- To identify barriers to learning and inclusion for children and young people with SEN and/or disabilities across Suffolk, and ensure that there is sufficient high quality education and learning opportunities for all.
- To be the main driver of a county wide 0-25 SEND provision strategy.
- To ensure that transition arrangements for children and young people with SEND support them in successfully moving into new learning phases.
- To develop learning pathways to support children and young people with SEND in achieving their outcomes.
- To ensure that all children and young people with SEND make best possible progress in their learning that enables them to move on easily to the next stage of their education and later into employment and independent adult life.